POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Aligning objects : Aligning objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Aligning objects
From: Stephen in Calgary
Date: 1 Jun 2003 03:21:59
Message: <3ed9a997$1@news.povray.org>
I have been working with PovRay for a bit now and have come to a point where
I may be spinning my wheels because I hope there is a easy way to accomplish
the following that I cannot figure out for myself.

I have an 3D object where the sides are angled to each other and then it is
rotated on a couple of axes. Right next to it, I want to place another
similar object, like bricks stacked in a crooked or non-linear wall. I can't
figure out the coordinates or normal of the side of the first object so I
can place the second object immediately ajacent.

Please tell me there are some simple routines to provide this alignment.

Thanks in advance